Friday, 11 August 2017

My Translation_Indonesian's Folklore_Penyesalan Bangau Angkuh (I.T Cert - Fiction)

The picture was taken from Google
On a sunny morning, a crane arrived at the river. He was looking for food. He knew that there were fish which could be eaten in the river. Then he walked along the river gracefully and beautifully. Lots of small fish passing by in front of him.

"There are so many small fish here. But, does an elegant crane like me have to eat the little fish, "said the Crane, arrogantly. The little fish just keep poking around in front of him. However, the crane did not take any notice of it. He wanted to find a bigger fish.

"I'd rather enjoy this view while waiting for the bigger fish that passes in front of me." said the Crane. He really enjoyed the view of the river with gurgling water. Occasionally he closed his eyes enjoying the breeze that caressed his fine fur, not realizing that there were many large fish passing by in front of him. He only realized when his legs stumbled on a fish that was passing by.

"Well, there's a big fish going by!" said the Crane. But, he thought again and again. What a beautiful beak! Should I eat that big fish with it? "I might break my beak if I ate it. Ah, I'd better wait for the smaller fish to pass by in front of me, "said the Crane.

The crane is unaware, when the day begins to scorch, all the fish will go to the middle of the river. Not a single fish passed back in front of him. Crane's stomach begins to feel hungry. He was confused on how to catch the fish in the middle of the river. "I can’t go down the river. It's too deep and could harm me, "said the Crane. "Really, I have not been lucky today," he continued.

That day, the Crane returned to its nest with a hungry stomach. It's all because of his pride. He should not ignored the opportunity that comes in sight. Crane is aware of his stupidity. "Tomorrow I'll come back to the river again," muttered the Crane.

The moral message from this folklore is that we should not waste any opportunity that come along in front of us, especially with boasting.

For the original Indonesian sources please go to dongengceritarakyat

No comments:

Post a Comment