Saturday, 19 September 2015

Free Writing Practice

MY HOMETOWN

My hometown, Banyuwangi is one of the most beautiful regencies in East Java, Indonesia. We've many natural beauties all over the place and the most notable one is mountain Ijen, which is also known as having blue fire. This beautiful town located in the eastern part of Java island. We are also having the advantage of being the closest city among all of eastern areas of East Java province to the northern part of Bali island which is quite stunning in its own way. Because of our advantageous location and having diverse natural beauty, our regency attracted so many tourists, both locally and internationally

For the past a few years, our government had made some wonderful improvement regarding our city images so very admirably. Firstly, our  current government had done greatly with the progress of the city cleanliness; they had lift us up from one of the filthiest city to one of the cleanest in our country. Secondly, my regency also has so many festivals all year round, including International surfing competition, BEC - Banyuwangi Ethno Carnival, Banyuwangi Beach Jazz, Tour de Banyuwangi Ijen (one of the most famous festival held in Banyuwangi, it's an international cycling competition that takes place once a year) and many more. Thirdly, the government also trying to promote Banyuwangi as a digital city by planting more than 1.500 Wi-Fi hotspot all over the regency; I heard some people thought Banyuwangi as Indonesia's Silicon Valley. :-D And last but not least, I've witnessed some real change in term of the public service toward the common citizen, such as the program "Lahir procot bawa akta / birth certificate service", scholarship program, etc.

The town people of Banyuwangi enjoy so many natural beauties that the nature has to offer. I personally take the joy in wandering around and enjoy the privileged of the freshness of our mountainous air. I have the passion of riding around  the mountainous area, admiring God creations as well as looking something for a change. ;-) I enjoyed strolling around the Kalibendo plantations and walked up to the waterfall through mountain river and the coolness of the water when both of my foot touch it gave me a special feeling which I couldn't describe it with words. And, if any of you love the idea of being at the beach, Banyuwangi has hundreds of beaches (literally) that scattered all over the regency. We've both white and black sands beaches as well as some outlying islands which is quite stunning.

Besides all of the natural resources and other festival that I mentioned above, I won't forget to tell you all that we, the people of Banyuwangi are very welcoming and hospitable. So, come and visit us. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment