Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Our Readers Theatre Project (Umi, Kinest, Dona and Novi)

A Cries of An Abandon Child

Life is not always like what it seems. Sometimes it's good; sometimes it's bad. And we couldn't expect everything to be like what we want. However, always remember to be strong, never give up and believe that a good day will eventually come.

I am Umi

I am Kinesti

I am Dona

I am Novi

We are from the first group and we are going to perform a readers theatre about the grievances of a daughter who was abandon by her dear mother with the title “A Cries of An Abandon Child”.

She told her daughter she hated her and wished she was never born. She didn't even seem to care that the child's heart was torn. She blamed child for all of her heartache and pain.

Did she realize emotional abuse can drive a child insane. She said her child was the reason she never achieved her dreams. Those words hurt her child more than to her they may have seemed.

All her daughter wanted was her love and her affection. But all she ever got was her mother's constant rejection, 

Feeling like a lost child with no one to love.

She prayed to be taken away to the heavens above, Not knowing why she just wasn't good enough. Why, when she needed gentleness, was she treated so rough.

Wondering why her existence caused her mother so much pain, Longing for her mother's love she probably would never gain. Wanting her mother to tell her she was a blessing, That she was not the reason for her mother's stressing.

Why Mommy must you treat me so bad I was there for you my whole life! And now all you do is make me feel sad. I try to hug you and you push me away. The situation is getting worse day by day.

Why Mommy could you say I don't love you When you know that isn't true? You know I love you with all of my heart and that I need your love too

Why Mommy do you make me cry All these hurtful things you say make me feel like I want to die. How could you choose another man over me, I would have never believed that something like that would've happened, not even in my wildest dreams.

Mommy, I am in so much pain Too horrible for me to even name I will follow your wishes and move So I'll no longer be there to mess up your groove Before I go, there is one thing I must ask

Why Mommy didn't our mother-daughter love last?

See what you have done A broken wall of hopes A small tear across my heart I am left to think I have nothing more You turned and left Not a hug, word or thought Now often down and sad I roam Watching, Waiting For things to end


Crashing, hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now, I need a miracle
Stranded, reaching out
I call your name but you're not around
I say your name but you're not around 
 
The lyrics was taken from: http://www.directlyrics.com/the-chainsmokers-dont-let-me-down-lyrics.html

Dear Mom, You said you'd always be there But you're nowhere to be found I can't believe you left me I feel so low beneath the ground

There's nothing I can do now I trusted you with all my heart But now you're gone You're the one who tore my life apart

I've learned not to trust There's nothing more to say You've lost someone special You can't get back each day

Now you're the one left in the dark And all of a sudden you feel my pain You expect me to take you back But you still feel you're not to blame

I could never forgive you Even if I tried You can never make up For the lonely nights I've cried

You will never know the feeling Of losing the person you need the most To laugh and cry and love you Instead of making you feel like a ghost

I've moved on with my life Without you by my side My pain has kept so long I'm telling you how I feel inside

In a way I want to thank you Because of you I'm strong I just wanted you to know I didn't turn out wrong

The text was taken from : http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/poem-by-child-betrayed-by-his-mother

“When you leave,
weary of me,
without a word I shall gently let you go.”


Tell you what…truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. 


The text was taken from Brokeback Mountain (2005): http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/movie-love-quotes/

Where have you gone My heart beats faster and faster every time I say your name, 

Did you ever love me?
 Do you love me now?

I think of you day in and day out and Yet you are so far away I don't know what to think anymore Once I believed in my heart you were someone I could love forever I can't love you anymore

The pain is so deep That every time I think of you My heart is stabbed once again It feels like thousands upon thousands of knives stabbing me in the heart

I can't go on like this anymore I can't go on missing you so much that is jeopardizes my happiness I want to run and be free from all the hurt you have caused me.

This is our last and final goodbye to the person we thought we could love for the rest of our life. We are sorry. But missing you can't go on. Goodbye, Mommy.

The text was adapted from : http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/missing-you-cant-go-on

Below is our recorded readers theatre performance on our Speaking Class with the text written above. 




No comments:

Post a Comment