Saturday, 22 October 2016

Exam Seasons

Beating Exam Anxieties!
In my university, Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Banyuwangi - Indonesia, mid-exam is just around the corner and this time going to happen a bit late compared to the previous year which usually taken place around mid October. Our mid-term test will start in two days time, which is on Monday twenty-fourth of October. Everyone seems to be very calm and cool about it. Well, I am not quiet sure whether they are fully prepare for it or just don't give a damn about it - you know what I meant, some people just think that exam aren't very important at all and just take it very lightly. As for me, I always regard exam very seriously and enjoy being under pressure because of it and I think that I work best when I am under intense pressure. Usually when exams are approaching, I'll try even harder but not overdo it - XD. Here are some of my tips of overcoming exam strain so that it becomes less stressful :-D
  • Time management. Take your time doing revision regularly in between your time and don't leave it till too late for you to revise your study all at once just the night or even the morning before the test taken place. It'll be too difficult for your brain to take that much information in one go with limited time. Reading your own notes, books or quizzes are good ways of doing revision before exam. Anyway, everyone is different and you can decide whatever most suitable method for your learning style.
  • Good Food. I love having my favorites food available around me whenever I'm studying for my exams. when I'm studying, my brain works even harder for me and because of that it made me hungry very easily. So, having plenty of good food really help me study better because I know, I won't be able to grasp what I'm studying when my tummy grumbles all the time. :-D
  • Listening to music. I love listening to classical music while I'm studying. I listen to classical music most of the time whenever I'm doing my uni work in front of my computer and not necessarily when it's approaching exam only. I think, listening to soothing music really help me study better because  it helps enhance my concentration and probably it improves my memory as well. :-P
  • Varies what you're doing when you're studying for your test. When you're studying, you shouldn't do it so monotonously because it's going to be very boring and it'll make you feeling frustrated. In my case, sometimes I'll do something that I like in between my studies, for instance after studying so hard for a few hours, I'll just sneak out of the house and swimming in the swimming pool for an hour or so. In another time, I'll just stop studying and do other things like water the plant or just made myself a simple lunch. After that small break, I always feel refresh and feel good about continuing my studies again. 
  • Get plenty of rest before your exam and don't stay up too late. Before exam starts, it's good to study hard, however we shouldn't neglect our own body and don't overwork it. Get plenty of rest and feel fresh on your exam day! :-)
Above tips are just what I usually do during my exam time. I guess, everyone will have different habit of overcoming the exam pressure, so it works for me but doesn't mean it'll work for other people. XD Finally, best of luck on our examination. Hope everything goes well and yes, I wish that we won't have any major difficulty in answering the exams questions (I really do anxious with statistic test though as I know, I'm not good at it). Anyway, Best of luck all.

No comments:

Post a Comment